Who we are
Ludada and Associates Orthopedic Services (Pty) Ltd, is a 100% black-owned and managed enterprise. It was incorporated in 2016 with a clear mission of improving the quality of life of people with temporary and permanent disabilities. The business proposes to achieve its mission and vision through the provision of equitable and timely access to affordable quality mobility assistive technology.
Ludada and Associates is headquartered in Mthatha and services the greater Transkei and surrounding areas. The former Transkei is the most densely populated region in the Eastern Cape, yet it is one of the least serviced in the area of mobility assistive technology. The former Transkei is also characterized by primarily rural dwellings and towns which also act as an additional barrier to access to medical services. The business plans to use the hub and spoke delivery model which will ensure that people are not discriminated against based on geographical location or socio-economic status.
Our Shared Values
Patient Centred Care: We tailor our skills & knowledge to meet patient needs.
Evidence Based Care: Guided by latest scientific evidence of knowledge.
Multi-Disciplinary Care: Leverage on genius of multi-rehab specialist
Innovation: Local solutions for local challenges.
Integrity: Being real and truthful.
Bridging access to mobility
The company intends to sustainably “bridge access to mobility” within the areas that we service. This will be achieved by being innovators in mobility assistive technologies and providing a world class service that caters for both paying and indigent patients.
Ludada and Associates’ operations will consist of:
- Manufacturing and fitting of mobility assistive technology such as artificial limbs and braces.
- Supply of prefabricated mobility aids such as crutches, walking frames and wheelchairs.
- Academic training, vocational training and education of students from Prosthetics and Orthotics Training Universities, and for continuous professional development.
- Innovative Research and development in assistive technologies, disability welfare and rehabilitation.
- Consulting/Advisory services in Orthotic and Prosthetic Rehabilitation.