Lower Limb Prosthetics
Upper Limb Prosthetics
lower limb orthotics
Upper Limb orthotics
Custom made (manufactured)
Upper Limb orthotics
Treatment modality: Foot Orthoses
Foot orthoses Indication: 1. Foot Pain
Foot orthoses Indication: 2. Foot deformity
- Participates as full or equal member of the clinic team; takes actively part in the examination and prescription; and designs the prosthetic/orthotic device, including the socket or body/ device interface, suspension and selection of proper components.
- Assists and advises on relevant aspects of pre-surgical, post-surgical, medical and therapeutic management of individuals requiring prosthetic/orthotic devices.
- Records and reports any pertinent information regarding patients and patients’ families, including a determination of expectations and needs.
- Communicates appropriate information to the patients and their families.
- Guarantees the full inclusion of the patient or customer in the treatment planning and decision making.
- Identifies physical and other relevant characteristics that may affect the treatment of the patient.
- Formulates prosthetic or orthotic designs, including selection of materials, components and assistive mobility devices as well as seating and advising on the provision of wheelchairs.
- Takes all casts and measurements that are necessary for proper fabrication and fitting.
- Modifies positive and/or negative models and/or layout of design and/or digital images to obtain optimal fit and alignment.
- Carries out fitting, static and dynamic alignment and, where appropriate, preliminary training and initial check-out.
- Advises the team and participates directly in final check-out and evaluation of fit, function and cosmesis.
- Instructs the patient or family in the use and care of the devices.
- Takes part in follow-up procedures as well as maintenance, repairs and replacement of the appliance.
- Recognises the need to repeat any of the identified steps in order to optimise fit and function.
- Collaborates and consults with others engaged in the management of the patient.
- Conduct education and training, and supervision of students within our establishment for their Experiential Learning.
- Lecture and demonstrates to colleagues in the profession and other professionals concerned with prosthetics/orthotics and also to other interested group.
- Take part in and contribute to the process of continuing professional development.
- Critically evaluates new developments in prosthetics/orthotics for inclusion in a teaching syllabus.
- Keeps up to date with new teaching techniques.
- Conducts continuing evaluation of our activities.
- Develops and actively participates in formal evaluation and research programmes.
- Participates in scientific/professional meetings and contributes papers to scientific/professional journals.
- Use outcome measures to review treatment procedures to determine best practice.